I am about as far away from the Thanksgiving tradition as I can get. Iâ€™m away from home, alone, in Scotland having a Chinese buffet for dinner.
I donâ€™t often take the time to reflect on just how far remove from America I am. I no longer have a feel for what is going on in America at the street level and the only news I get is through the British press, which of course has a European slant. I guess I could read the local news on the Internet, but Iâ€™m too busy reading all the great blogs out in blogshere to bother.
In the spirit of Thanksgiving, here is what I am thankful for:
– I am thankful for my family and friends
– I am thankful for my health and the health of those close to me
– I am thankful for having a life not full of strife and contention
– I am thankful that I have material comfort
– I am thankful for my spiritual well-being
– I am thankful for being on The Path
– I am thankful for all the cool people I have met through this blog
I am sure there a thousand other things I could give thanks for, but at the risk of boring everyone to death, Iâ€™ll stop there.
God Bless and have a great Thanksgiving holiday,