1. Don’t get to smart to quickly: expert opinions stall the creative engine. Often times it’s our own voice that we need to listen to first.
6. Oddly enough uncertainty, ambiguity, and doubt are all friends of the creative process.
7. Lose yourself.
8. Feel the flow.
9. Suffer with humor to get closer to truth
I came up with a few more to help me with my own battle against stalled creativity:
1. Eradicate fear.
2. Let go of attachment to outcome.
3. Don’t look for assurance before beginning.
Watch the full episode here.