It’s good to be home again. I thought I would get a chance to write from the road, but the opportunity didn’t arise and I didn’t make an effort to force myself to find an Internet connection. I did keep notes in my paper diary. The three days in Scotland were kind of touch and go. Here is a summary of the last three days:0
- Flew BA instead of Flybe.
- Didn’t like BA’s blatant display of class discrimination.
- Had a rare moment of social conciousness – vowed not to fly BA again to protest their blatant class discrimination.
- BA served food on the flight (Flybe doesn’t) – changed my mind about flying BA (they say the way to a man’s heart is through his stomach)
- Lost my faith in man.
- No suits, no ties; fuck shareholder value.
- Desperately needed a coffee.
- Maybe it’s not so bad being Joe Average.
- Spent the day planted in front of a computer that belongs in a museum.
- Trying to designa 21st century product with 1980’s technology.
- Lovely Scottish hills – would love to live close enough to mountains to see them from my bedroom window.
- Searching for a story to plot and write.
- Hotel restaraunts are peculiar; lot’s of loney diners – they should force us to sit together get…what would be the harm in getting to know another fellow human being
- One to one with my boss
- More time stuck in front of dinosaur PC
- Thought about sticking a fork in my eye
- I had dinner with an old friend at my favorite restaraunt in Scotland – Jimmy Chungs
- Worked into the night on new elearning module
- Didn’t pack and should have
- Packed in a hurry
- Worked for a 4 hours in the office; left to catch flight home
- Saw a big Hill-Billy Bob looking man in a sky blue tie-dyed short sitting crossed-legged with no shoes on a chair to small for his big body
- Pissed off at the media showing the same pictures of abuse over and over again
- Pissed off at the US Soldiers who have disgraced and tarnished the reputation of the service I once proudly served in and still cherish
- Home Sweet Home
(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today)